Pages

Saturday 4 October 2014

Well here we are on the penultimate day in the pouring rain and yes I have succumbed to looking at the weather forecast.  The Met Office say it is going to be cloudy tomorrow with a precipitation of <5% - I think that means there may be a little drizzle – not the heavy down pour we have today – I have had a discussion with the rain clouds and told them to stay away until after 5pm.  It does say though that it may be chilly so although we are in gazebos with shelter, it will pay to have many, many layers to wrap up warm with.  Rain or Shine, if you are visiting our market tomorrow, please do come into the Gazebos and shelter from whatever the weather throws at us.  We traders love to chat xx  

It is going to be all rush, rush, rush today for the traders and I have to admit to last minute panic of actually making something for my stall instead of last minute preparation for the market (I promise it will all be done – phew – skates are on). I have glass cooking in the oven; glass cooking in the microwave and yes you have guessed it … glass cooking in the kiln.  It is a hot house of glass here today.  And if that’s not enough glass cooking, Debra has offered me her kiln later … I’m really cooking on glass now!

Debra has made some really pretty fused glass pictures for her stall and is still busy making today, as I am sure are the other traders:

TRADERS –

We have a wonderful mix of Artisans for our first market and I have listed some of the items below.  Next week I am going to put together a little potted history and details of all our Traders, including the ones on the waiting list and others who are waiting to join our waiting list.  Thank you so much to all you Traders for your interest in our Market – I could have filled the stalls 3 times over and it was only lack of Gazebos that stopped us … so if anyone has a gazebo they no longer need or are happy to loan for future markets – please do get in touch (either comment on this blog or email happyvalleyartisans@gmail.com ).  Also get in touch if you wish to be added to our waiting list – we are changing the mix every month, so you will get a chance.  Forms for November will be out next week and places are on a first come, first serve basis.  The special rate of £15 per stall will continue over the next few months.  (A stall is half a gazebo, so allowing for browsers to actually come in and see your items for sale, the space allotted is 1 metre x 3 metres – you can of course book a whole gazebo to yourself for £30.00).

IF YOU ARE COMING ALONG TO BROWSE – YOU WILL BE ABLE TO SEE -

  • Textile Art – beautifully embroidered framed “pictures” and other very clever items.
  • Clay Art Jewellery – unusual and exclusive items for the discerning jewellery lover.
  • Hand carved wooden items – these are amazing, I have my eye on a few pieces for Christmas Presents … oops now people know what they are getting off Santa.
  • Have you ever had a piece of furniture that need a face lift (my whole house) – come and see some very loved items given a new lease of life.
  • Two of Bollington’s finest artists are exhibiting with us tomorrow and you are able to purchase at the same time too! 
  • I love patchwork and one of our traders creates some beautiful baby quilts, pillows and bunting for the Nursery and other areas of the home.
  • There is some beautiful and quirky pottery and porcelain (just like the ladies who make them).
  • Silk, Silk everywhere – hand painted silk items for you to wear and adorn your home.
  • We will have a charity stall at every market.
  • Then of course we must not forget Balloons – in all shapes and sizes
  • And Debra and me!  Lots of glass in all shapes, sizes and forms – two artists in the same material, producing such varied items.
I personally cannot wait to see all the amazing items on sale and have a go at some of the crafts - yes some of our traders are demonstrating tomorrow.


Please do come along and browse in support of our Traders, Debra and me in our new venture, we cannot make it a success without you.  Don't forget our Raffle !!  

Market opens for Traders from 8:00 am (please come early and help set up Gazebos).

Market opens for Browsers from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm - don't forget parking will be limited at the back of the Mill, as all Gazebos will be at the front of the Mill.

I think this Mosaic from Debra (she doesn't know I have this photo - perhaps she will sue me for the copyright - ha ha!!) sums up our hope for the Market tomorrow and every month ....



No comments:

Post a Comment