Pages

Tuesday 16 September 2014

Happy Valley Artisan Market @ Clarence Mill Bollington

THE BLOG

A big Hello from Me – Suzanne x

Wow! This is my first ever Blog!  I am so excited!

I find blogging fascinating and love reading about shared experiences and other bloggers’ days.

With this blog I am hoping to create a shared space for Crafters, Artists, Artisans and Hobbyists to share thoughts, products and events.

Mostly though, I am hoping to reach like-minded people who would like a stall on the new Happy Valley Artisan Market at Clarence Mill in Bollington, or would like to browse our market looking for unique, interesting ideas and products for gifts.

I will be blogging around four days per week and welcome comments and any bits ‘n’ pieces you think may be of interest to arty, crafty people. (Hang on though …. I’ve been warned by veteran bloggers that I may get a lot of SPAM, so I am holding the right to change or delete comments I deem to be unsuitable for this Blog).  If you have any ideas on how to stop SPAM please let me know xx

THE MARKET

My friend (and now business partner) Debra had a dream and I listened, took it on board and ran with it and we now have only THREE Sundays to lift off and our first market.

Before I go into a huge PANIC!!! I’m going to grab a cuppa and tell you the story so far…

Debra has The Creative Space studio at Clarence Mill.  The studio has an amazing outlook onto the picturesque canal with its colourful barges.  The Dream was to have an artisan market with the canal as a backdrop – As she told me about it, I could see it … it’s a nice bright day for our First Market on 5th October – gazebos standing proud in a slight breeze, tables all decorated and adorned with fantastic items (all hand made by the stall holders). Bunting and Balloons blowing around and happy smiling faces.  Oh! and don’t forget Julie in the Waterside CafĂ© at the ready with tea, coffee, cake and lots more for you to buy, all with a warm welcome xx  ….. and there is free parking!

From that vision, I built a business plan and took it to the Management Team for Clarence Mill and …. YES!  Jason from the Team - he said YES!  So between us we have developed the Market with a lot of hard work and a little help from friends.

The Market will be formed by Gazebos against the backdrop of the Canal and the impressive Clarence Mill itself and we hope to create a warm welcome to all.


This picture isn’t the real market of course as the first one is in October, but you can get the general idea



So come along on Sunday, 5th October to join in the fun, have a cuppa and maybe pick up a gift or two – the mix of products is just amazing and all locally made by local artisans and crafters.  We’d love to meet you and have a chat.  And you could be in our First Real Photo for The Blog and other advertising media. (If you wish to not have your photo in the media, may I ask you to find me on the market and I will give you a badge so that the photographer will not take your photo – thank you so much). There is also a free raffle with the prize being a piece of my unique Seaglass Jewellery – made exclusively with you in mind.

Can’t wait to hear from you … or meet you at the Market … Suzanne xx

WATCH THIS SPACE AS MORE WILL BE ADDED x



3 comments:

  1. Wow how exciting, I hope to be there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds fabulous. What time will the market be? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have we a confirmed list of stall holders??? I know you, Debra and Anna will be there but who else please???

    ReplyDelete